Kultboy Forum

Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Aktuelle Musik  (Gelesen 166472 mal)

Pearson

• Kuuuuuuuult
  • Huuuuungeeeer...
    • Pearsons Homepage
Re: Aktuelle Musik-Veröffentlichungen
« Antwort #960 am: 08.12.2008, 15:48 »

Ich höre gerade eine aktuelle von Sheryl Crow. "Home for Christmas" heißt das Werk. Weihnachtslieder. Und: Ja, das funktioniert! Eine richtig gute Scheibe!  :worship: :worship: :worship:
Ich zitiere einmal mehr aus www. 2000mustangs.blogspot.com:

Sheryl Crow - Home For Christmas (2008)

Sheryl Crow's first Christmas album... I've been listening to this CD for over a week now and it just gets better and better. Been hoping for a Christmas album by Sheryl for years and this one was worth the wait. The CD features an original song Crow wrote called "There Is a Star That Shines Tonight" as well as nine other tracks she personally chose to record. The CD is being sold exclusively through Hallmark Gold Crown stores through the end of December...M. Mandell
Wo ich bin, ist oben.

Pearson

• Kuuuuuuuult
  • Huuuuungeeeer...
    • Pearsons Homepage
« Antwort #961 am: 08.12.2008, 22:52 »

Und nochmal Weihnachten: Melissa Etheridge. A New Thought For Christmas heißt das Ding und ist wirklich phantastisch geworden.  :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Wo ich bin, ist oben.

Pearson

• Kuuuuuuuult
  • Huuuuungeeeer...
    • Pearsons Homepage
« Antwort #962 am: 10.12.2008, 17:37 »

Weihnachten, die Dritte: Wer sich mal richtig hart amüsieren will, der sollte mal bei "Twisted Sister - A Twisted Christmas (2006)" reinhören. Dreckiger Heavyrock und Weihnachtslieder - die müssen im Studio richtig Spaß gehabt haben.  :D
Ich zitiere: "Holiday-themed albums need to either be pretty good, horrifically terrible, or completely original to cause even the jolliest head to turn. Twisted Christmas, a ten-track collection of yuletide classics from the band that once writhed atop a convertible singing the song "Burn in Hell" near the end of Pee Wee's Big Adventure, manages to achieve all three. Twisted Sister was always a group that would occasionally transcend their hair metal image with some truly majestic and powerful rock & roll, so it comes as no surprise that they filter the beloved Christmas carol through the same makeup-smeared sieve that brought the world "I Wanna Rock," "Wake Up the Sleeping Giant," and "The Prize." In fact, "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" sounds so much like a reimagining of "We're Not Gonna Take It," the listener can't help but become outraged at all of the injustice in the world. "Deck the Halls" sounds like a Ramones tune, "I'll Be Home for Christmas," featuring guest vocalist Lita Ford, could have launched a thousand lighters at any stadium in the late '80s, and the absolutely embarrassing "Heavy Metal Christmas" ("12 silver crosses, 11 black mascaras, ten pairs of platforms, nine tattered T-shirts, eight pentagrams, seven leather jackets, six cans of hair spray, five skullhead rings, four quarts of Jack, three studded belts, two pairs of spandex pants, and a tattoo of Ozzy") is almost impossible to turn off without seeing it through to its loathsome but charming end.,,J.C. Monger

The second, and supposedly final, recording by Twisted Sister after they reunited in the early 2000's. This is quite an odd beast, it is an album of traditional Christmas songs recorded by Twisted Sister. On the surface it seems like quite a bizarre concept; something that wouldn't work. But wow - does it work. I've been a TS fan since the early 80's right before they broke big with "We're Not Gonna Take It". I've followed them since then pretty well, I'd like to say I like something from all their eras, but when I heard about this, I thought "Ugh". But I gave it a shot, and it hooked me.
What makes this work for me I think is that I've always been someone who has disliked Christmas music. It's not because of the meaning behind the songs, it's generally been the music itself. Not so much the songs, but the way they're played. To me, most Christmas music is unlistenable. But this completely works. So much so I've been hooked since the day it came out. In the week and a half since it's been released (I'm writing this on the 27th, 10 days after release) I've probably listened to it 20 or 30 times. It has crystallized my feelings on Christmas music that it's the presentation of the songs. Since I'm a metal guy, I loved this presentation.
Two things to point out here. The actual songs themselves are unchanged (other than the instruments they're played on obviously) except for two songs. The first is "Oh Come All Ye Faithful". The lyrics are the same, but the music is the music from "We're Not Gonna Take It". It's quite interesting to see how well those lyrics fit that song. The other modified one is the 12 Days of Christmas. Instead of the traditional 12 gifts, TS has things like "Tattoo of Ozzy", "Spandex Pants", "Cans of Hairspray", etc. That's quite funny.
The problem with this album is that most metal heads will dismiss it out of hand because it doesn't fit their generally narrow view of what a hard rock/heavy metal album should be. Shame, as this album works very well for this old school Twisted Sister fan..."

Tracklist:

01. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas    04:50   
02. Oh Come All Ye Faithful  04:41   
03. White Christmas    03:58   
04.  I'll Be Home for Christmas    04:10   
05. Silver Bells  05:07   
06.  I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus  03:38
07. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow   03:11   
08. Deck the Halls  02:54   
09. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)    03:42
10. Heavy Metal Christmas (The Twelve Days of Christmas)  05:14   
« Letzte Änderung: 10.12.2008, 17:41 von Pearson »
Wo ich bin, ist oben.

Clemenza

• Caporegime
  • Kuuuuuuuult
    • Hinterland-Events
« Antwort #963 am: 10.12.2008, 19:00 »

Was, Twisted Sister gibt´s immer noch?? :eek: :eek:

Pearson

• Kuuuuuuuult
  • Huuuuungeeeer...
    • Pearsons Homepage
« Antwort #964 am: 10.12.2008, 19:54 »

Das war das bislang letzte Lebenszeichen.  :ka:
Wo ich bin, ist oben.

ShadowAngel

• Kuult
    • Kingdom of Desire
« Antwort #965 am: 11.12.2008, 20:01 »

Aber Live haben Twisted Sister auf ihrer Reunion Tour ganz ordentlich gerockt. Da merkt man einfach, das die alten Bands einfach eine überragende Stagepresenz haben und eine Atmosphäre zaubern die unglaublich ist.
Angeblich soll 2009 ein neues Album kommen und was ich gelesen habe, planen sie an einer Broadway Show.

Weihnachtsmusikalisch kann ich auch was beisteuern:

We Wish You a Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year
Die Besetzung allein ist schon große Klasse: Alice Cooper, Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Lemmy, Steve Lukather, George Lynch, Steve Morse, Tommy Shaw, Geoff Tate, Chuck Billy, Vinnie Appice, Simon Phillips, Doro, Girlschool, Scott Ian, Joe Lynn Turner, Billy Gibbons...  :worship:

Clemenza

• Caporegime
  • Kuuuuuuuult
    • Hinterland-Events
« Antwort #966 am: 11.12.2008, 20:29 »

Aber Live haben Twisted Sister auf ihrer Reunion Tour ganz ordentlich gerockt. Da merkt man einfach, das die alten Bands einfach eine überragende Stagepresenz haben und eine Atmosphäre zaubern die unglaublich ist.
Angeblich soll 2009 ein neues Album kommen und was ich gelesen habe, planen sie an einer Broadway Show.

Weihnachtsmusikalisch kann ich auch was beisteuern:

We Wish You a Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year
Die Besetzung allein ist schon große Klasse: Alice Cooper, Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Lemmy, Steve Lukather, George Lynch, Steve Morse, Tommy Shaw, Geoff Tate, Chuck Billy, Vinnie Appice, Simon Phillips, Doro, Girlschool, Scott Ian, Joe Lynn Turner, Billy Gibbons...  :worship:

Meinst du damit Lemmy Kilmister und Doro Pesch? :ka:

Lemmy07

• Super-Moderator
  • Kuuuuuuuult
  • Saufen?
« Antwort #967 am: 12.12.2008, 09:35 »

Nein, lemmy 07!  :D

Ich hatte übrigens das Vergnügen Twisted Sister im Jahre (ich glaube) 2003 in Bahlingen auf dem Bang your Head Festival zu sehen! Das war ihr erster Auftritt nach der Wiedervereinigung und echt der Wahnsinn! Die Stimmung war genial, die Setlist super und bei We ´re not gonna take it haben die Leute nach dem Lied einfach weiter den Refrain gesungen bis die Band noch mal mit eingestiegen ist! War echt super, was die alten Herren noch drauf hatten!

ShadowAngel

• Kuult
    • Kingdom of Desire
« Antwort #968 am: 13.12.2008, 23:15 »

Meinst du damit Lemmy Kilmister und Doro Pesch? :ka:

:eek: wen den sonst?
« Letzte Änderung: 13.12.2008, 23:42 von ShadowAngel »

Clemenza

• Caporegime
  • Kuuuuuuuult
    • Hinterland-Events
« Antwort #969 am: 13.12.2008, 23:17 »

Nicht bös gemeint, hab nur für die vielen Ahnungslosen gefragt... ;)

ShadowAngel

• Kuult
    • Kingdom of Desire
« Antwort #970 am: 13.12.2008, 23:42 »

Nicht bös gemeint, hab nur für die vielen Ahnungslosen gefragt... ;)

Das gehört doch zur Allgemeinbildung im Musikbereich...zumindest Lemmy, es gibt nur einen Lemmy  :D

Lemmy07

• Super-Moderator
  • Kuuuuuuuult
  • Saufen?
« Antwort #971 am: 15.12.2008, 11:06 »

Das gehört doch zur Allgemeinbildung im Musikbereich...zumindest Lemmy, es gibt nur einen Lemmy  :D
Genau! Es gibt nur einen lemmy 07  :D

Clemenza

• Caporegime
  • Kuuuuuuuult
    • Hinterland-Events
« Antwort #972 am: 15.12.2008, 11:07 »

Genau!! :lol:

Herr Planetfall

• Super-Moderator
  • Kuuuuuuuuult
« Antwort #973 am: 15.12.2008, 14:58 »

:speaker: DENNIS WILSON: PACIFIC OCEAN BLUE / BAMBU

Kaufen! Dieses Jahr neu veröffentlichter 70er-Rock. Dennis Wilson singt vorwiegend in Rockballaden wie ein koksender Penner mit Rachenschaden von Liebe, Freiheit und dem weiten Meer. Wundervoll.
« Letzte Änderung: 15.12.2008, 14:58 von Herr Planetfall »
Anna L. fällt ein Stein vom Herzen.

Wurstdakopp

• Grimbart
  • Kuuuuuuuult
  • Lass Dachs
« Antwort #974 am: 15.12.2008, 15:40 »

:speaker: DENNIS WILSON: PACIFIC OCEAN BLUE / BAMBU

Kaufen! Dieses Jahr neu veröffentlichter 70er-Rock. Dennis Wilson singt vorwiegend in Rockballaden wie ein koksender Penner mit Rachenschaden von Liebe, Freiheit und dem weiten Meer. Wundervoll.

Ich liebe Musik aus dem Kehlkopfmikrofon!  :lol: